If you are installing new windows, or retrofitting old windows, doors, and/or skylights on your existing primary residence (note: investment properties and/or new construction do not qualify), you can qualify for a federal tax credit of up to 10% of the cost, up to $500! Here are some details on the program:
- Your new windows, doors, and/or skylights must be Energy Star qualified. You can contact us to discuss brands and options that will qualify for this criteria
- You do not have to replace all of the windows, doors, and/or skylights in your home. you can use the credit even if only replacing some of them.
- The credit applies to materials costs only. Installation costs are not including in the credit calculation.
- The credit for windows only is capped at $200.
- To find out more about the 2013 Federal Tax Credit programs, visit: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=tax_credits.tx_index
- For information about submitting paperwork to take advantage of the tax credit, visit: http://energystar.supportportal.com/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?deptID=23018&task=knowledge&questionID=16629
AAA Windows 4 Less representatives are available to assist you with any questions you may have about the 2013 tax credit guidelines, in addition to understanding how to best take advantage of them for your situation. Contact us today!
By: Paul Doh